CESOP in the implementation of the e-invoicing obligation
CESOP IN THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE E-INVOICING obligation
Following the obligation of e-invoicing, the European Commission wanted to create a common system for the member states to avoid VAT fraud.
As of January1, 2024 the CESOP(Central Electronic System of Payment information), the central electronic system for payment information of the European Commission, becomes mandatory for all member states.
CESOP was created by the commission to diligently collect payment data from the member states and to exploit it at the European level for the purposes of VAT fraud detection and investigation.
- Council Regulation 2020/283 of February 18, 2020, which amended Regulation (EU) 904/2010 establishing CESOP, specifies how payment data are to be retained and collected by the Member States and transmitted to CESOP .
- Payment service providers will be required to maintain the records in electronic format, and will be required to keep them for a minimum of three calendar years from the calendar year of the payment date.
- These registers will have to be made available to the payment service provider's home Member State, or to its host Member State, where the services are provided in a Member State other than the home Member State.
- The CESOP will store the data collected by the Member States to group them for each of the beneficiaries, to analyze them and to allow access to the information to the Eurofisc liaison officers.
- The information will be retained by CESOP for a maximum of five years from the end of the year in which the information was submitted.
Member States have until December 31, 2023 to transpose Directive 2020/284, and to determine the modalities for the implementation of these obligations, in particular as regards the keeping of registers in electronic format and the transmission of these registers to the local authorities and then to CESOP.
In April 2022, a regulation of the Commission will set up the implementation modalities of the directive 2020/284 on CESOP for the Member States.
In order for CESOP to work, it will be mandatory for companies to use e-invoicing and e-reporting, e-VATplus helps you to make the transition to payment service providers in your country.
[1 ] Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2022/1504 of April 6, 2022 sets out the detailed rules for the implementation of Council Regulation (EU) 904/2010
e-VATplus proposes to accompany you in this process.
Our experts can audit your situation, evaluate the impacts and benefits of the VAT group for you and your family.